aka MORTGAGE ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION SYSTEMS, INC.
Click on the links to download documents. Be patient some have large files.
II. CORPORATE DOCUMENTS
Electronic Registration Systems, Inc. / NationsBank, N.A. Security Agreement
USTPO – Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc. Trademark Documents
USTPO – Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc. Name Change Assignment
- Bain (Kristin), et al. v. Mortg. Elec. Registration Sys., et al., No. 86206-1 Mortgage
- IndyMac Fed. Bank, FSB v. Meisels, 2012 NY Slip Op 51902 – NY: Supreme Court 2012
- Bavand v. OneWest Bank
IV. THE CORPORATE HISTORY, NAME CHANGES AND MERGERS OF MORTGAGE ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION SYSTEMS, INC.
- 1995 MERS Delaware incorporation (10/16/1995)
- 1997 MERS Service Mark Principal Register (7/29/1997)
- 1998 NEW MERS Merger & Name Change (6/30/1998)(filed with USTPO on April 9, 2003)
- 1999 MERS Name Change to MERSCORP, Inc. (eff. 1/1/1999)(filed with USTPO on May 8, 2003)
- 1999 MERSCORP, Inc. Creates Another Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc. (#3) (1/1/1999); The 2nd Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc. changed its name to MERSCORP, Inc. and MERSCORP, Inc. took over the role of the 2nd Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc.corporation, per the Hultman deposition (see pages 47-48):
Q. Okay. Would you describe for us what the responsibilities were in terms of the previous organization, MERS 2. What responsibilities does Merscorp, Inc. take on when it started?
Hultman A. When Merscorp, Inc. started on June 30,1998, it succeeded and assumed all of the duties and responsibilities of powers of the original MERS Corporation, Inc. in 1995. As of January 1st, 1999, the functionalities of the original companies were bifurcated into two parts. The subsidiary held was given the responsibility to hold title to the mortgage lien or become the beneficiary of a deed of trust and all the responsibilities related to that. The parent company, and the parent company obviously was the sole shareholder of the subsidiary, the parent company is the operating company which all — everybody’s employed by the operating company. It’s the company that owns the registries, owns all of the intellectual property. It’s the one that does all of the operations. So in essence, everything that the old companies did except for the title holding function.
Q. And as for the title holding function, that now resides with the third iteration of Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc. as of January 1, 1999, is that correct?
Hultman A. Yes.
- 2003 Renewal – MERSCORP Owns MERS Service Mark (6/26/2003)
- 2007 MERSCORP, Inc. Refiles Ownership of Service Mark with USTPO (3/6/2007)
- 2007 MERSCORP, Inc. Files Blue Jacket Cover with USTPO (3/6/2007)
- 2007 MERSCORP, Inc. Files Advertising Specimens indicating Mark Usage (7/16/2007)
- 2007 MERSCORP, Inc. Service Mark Renewal USTPO (8/29/2007)
- 2012 MERSCORP Holdings, Inc. Merger and Name Change with MERSCORP, Inc. (2/27/2012)(filed with USTPO 7/25/2012)
V. RELATED POSTS
- Mortgage Fraud and MERS Exposed, How to stop your foreclosure and save your house.
- THE 3 STOOGES OF MERS – DISORDER IN THE COURT
- AG Jack Conway Calls MERS a Ghost and a Front – Files a Lawsuit Against MERSCORP Holdings, Inc.
- “MERS is not a “holder” under the plain language of the statute,” says the Supreme Court of the State of Washington
- Ratigan on Delaware Fights MERS® – “even where Washington has failed to do so”
- COMPLAINT | STATE OF DELAWARE v. MERSCORP INC. Go Go Beau!
- MERS vs. MERScorp – Looks Like They are One-in-the-Same
- HYPOTHETICAL LIEN THEORY LIVES – Bye Bye MERS!
- Look Out Lenders – MERS is About to Take You Down!
- MERS Causes Banksters’ Nightmare to Continue